IV therapy is the administration of vitamins, minerals and amino acids directly into the blood stream.
The nutrients are prepared as a liquid infusion at various concentrations in combinations specific to the needs of the individual. The solution is delivered in bags and dripped into the veins of the arm or hand.
The advantage of administering nutrients intravenously is that all of the treatment reaches systemic circulation. The nutrients bypass the digestive track and the liver, which typically metabolizes these nutrients when given orally, ensuring adequate absorption directly into the tissues and cells of the body. Hence, many people feel better, faster, and for longer.
Nutrients used in IV treatments can include:
- Vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Folic Acid
- Magnesium, Calcium, Selenium, Zinc, Chromium, Copper,
- Hydrochloric Acid, Glutathione, Sodium Bicarbinate
- Taurine, Glycine, Glutamine, Tryptophan, Lysine, Proline, Carnitine
Taurine, Glycine, Glutamine, Tryptophan, Lysine, Proline, Carnitine
The number of IV treatments needed completely depends on the condition being treated. It is common for initial treatments to range from 4 to 8 in order to correct for nutrient deficiencies. Visits range from 30-180 minutes in length depending on the size of the bag and typically are preformed weekly in order to see the best results. Later treatments can be spaced out to bi-weekly or monthly depending on your progress.
IV therapy can treat a variety of health conditions including:
- Fatigue and Burn out
- Chronic Pain (Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue)
- Immune support
- Anxiety and Depression
- Wound Repair (Pre/Post Surgery)
- Chronic Stress
- Hormone Balance (PMS, PCOS, Menopause, Hypothyroidism)
- Fertility (Egg Quality)
- Gut Health (Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s, Celiac disease)
- Sports Performance and Recovery
- Cognitive Health (Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Concussion)
- Neurological Health (Parkison’s, Multiple Sclerosis)